All the events we could find. Please submit new ones!
- Apollo 50th Anniversary Celebration in Canberra - Former Apollo workers have organized a 4-day event near NASA’s Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex.
- Filmnächte am Elbufer in Dresden - Aufbruch zum Mond, 18. Juli
- U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville - A special exhibit, and, on July 16 when the Saturn V launched, watch the launch of 5,000 model rockets. Buzz Aldrin will be giving a speach as well.
- Coconino Community College at their Lone Tree Campus - Lunar Legacy lectures
- Flagstaff Visitor Center - Lunar Legacy Events
- Lowell Observatory - panels, kids activities, a concert, and a screening of Apollo 11.
- University of Arizona Lunar and Planetary Laboratory - Summer Science Saturday with Apollo 11 lectures in July 20th
- Chabot Space & Science Center in Oakland - Apollo 50th Celebration on Jul 20th
- Lincoln Theater in Yountville - Festival Napa Valley Presents: Song to the Moon: 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Landing at Lincoln Theater
- SF Symphony in SF - Out of This World: A Celebration on the 50th Anniversary of the Moon Landing
- The Exploratorium in SF - Museum of the Moon, a 16-foot photorealistic sculpture.
- USS Hornet Sea, Air & Space Museum in Alameda - Splashdown 50th Anniversary celebration
- Apollopalooza 2019 in Denver - astronauts, activities, talks, and more.
- Kennedy Space Center - Duran Duran concert on Jul 16, 2019, “One Giant Leap Celebration” on the 20th, and more.
- Space Florida’s Launch & Landing Facility in Merritt Island - “On July 20th, board the ZERO-G plane for a specialized anniversary flight that will demonstrate the feeling of exploring the moon’s surface by recreating lunar gravity”
- Purdue University - “Go or No-Go: The Untold Story of the Apollo 11 Moon Landing” exhibition, documentary showing, and panel discussions.
- Hutchinson Community College - Landing on the Lawn: a celebration of the lunar landing by the Cosmosphere International SciEd Center & Space Museum on July 20th
- NASA Goddard Visitor Center in Greenbelt - July 20, Anniversary Moon Landing Contest.
- Harvard Museum of Natural History in Cambridge - “Exhibition: Cosmic Origins”, a mini-exhibition in the planetary science section
- Houghton Library in Cambridge - “Small Steps, Giant Leaps” collection of rare books and artifacts.
- McAuliffe Center for Integrated Science Learning at Framingham State University - “Moon Landing in Context” with panel discussions, exhibitions, and more.
- The Bell Museum in St Paul - 360-degree video of the moon landing and more
- National Automobile Museum in Reno - “Be the Astronaut / Apollo 50th”
- Corning Museum of Glass in Corning - “Journey to the Moon: How Glass got us There”
- Cradle of Aviation Museum in Garden City - Countdown to Apollo at 50 Celebration
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum - installation with archived news media of the Apollo 11 mission on old televisions/
- The American Museum of Natural History - SpaceFest on July 20th
- The Met - “Apollo’s Muse: The Moon in the Age of Photography” exhibit.
- Lift Off NC: Apollo + Beyond - Many different museums in NC with Apollo 50th celebrations.
- North Carolina Museum of History in Raleigh - One Giant Leap: North Carolina and the Space Race exhibit
- Rocky Mount Children’s Museum & Science Center - Be The Astronaut
- Armstrong Air & Space Museum - In Wapakoneta, Ohio, Armstrong’s hometown, the museum will have an air balloon rally, a parade, a concert, and more. The town is having a 10 day “Summer Moon Festival”.
- John Glenn Astronomy Park in Logan - July 20 from 4pm to 1am - talks, stargazing, and more.
- Wright-Patterson Air Force Base - Family event to build and launch model rockets
- OMSI in Portland - Planetarium shows, a Reel Science screening, and a moon landing party on the 20th
- DaVinci Science Center in Allentown - Be the Astronaut
- Mayborn Museum in Waco - Be the Astronaut
- Space Center Houston - Daily events July 16 to July 24 including restored Mission Control tours. On the 20th there will be an evening concert.
- Virginia Air and Space Center Visitor Center at NASA Langley, Hampton - Be the Astronaut permanent exhibit
- WHRO Public Media in Norfolk - A screening of “Chasing the Moon,” a film by Robert Stone.
- The Museum of Flight in Seattle - talks, exhibition, and apparently a musical.
- National Gallery of Art - an exhibit of lunar photographs openning July 14
- The Smithsonian - The “50 Years from Tranquility Base” exhibit with Apollo 11 artifacts and display of Neil Armstrong’s spacesuit. Also, a three-day “Apollo 50 Festival” with music, talks, etc.
- Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh - The EAA convention will have Michael Collins speaking on July 26th.